Wednesday, June 07, 2006

There is a commercial that NBC is running for a new show. In it, a man asks, "In your wildest dreams, am I there?".

That, I think, is not only a valid question, but one of the most important ones I've heard in a long time.

In the midst of the craziness of my parent’s illness, I have gotten a divorce.

A divorce in my family is a crisis. I introduced another crisis into our lives when we were already in crisis. Not entirely fair, but I couldn't wait any longer. I could not take another avoidable disappointment in my life. In early 2005, I told my husband to leave (he couldn't pay the bills in our house, so in my mind, I got to stay), and I got the quickest divorce I possibly could.

And now, my family knows that I will be with someone who loves me like they think I should be loved. I am with someone who would be with me in my wildest dreams.

I love them for realizing this, and I love them even more for being happy for me in this aspect of life when there are so many reasons to just be sad.

I have an amazing family.