Friday, June 26, 2009

It makes the outfit

Little Bird spends most of his time with me. He watches me do my hair and put on make up each day. Most of his friends are little girls. However, he does love to watch the older boys in the neighborhood, and he will imitate his daddy over me at the drop of a hat.

There is something though, that can only be blamed on me, and that is Bird's love of fabulous shoes.

When we were shoe shopping at Stride Rite one day, he picked out every pink and sparkly shoe he could reach and brought it to me. We left with a very manly pair of navy blue shoes, but the boy had spoken. His heart craved shoe bling.

Yesterday, I had grabbed the camera to take a picture of a baby hawk that was sitting on the slab for our soon to be garage. On my way back to the kitchen, I had to stop and get a shot of Bird in his favorite shoe. The shoe that was declared "scrumptious" by the gay men's vocal ensemble I accompanied once. A ringing endorsement if I have ever gotten one.

I can't wait until boot season this year. I have a feeling Bird is going to rock some Fluevogs.