Saturday, May 10, 2008

Daily melting

Today, Christopher and I lay on a blanket in the front yard and looked at the clouds while Guy put up our new mailbox. I propped up on my elbow and looked down at my son. He looked up at me and laughed.

He laughed and laughed and laughed.

His daddy makes him laugh every night. After his bath, Christopher lies on the bed and his daddy snarfs on his belly, making him squeal in delight and laugh his little head off.

He hadn't laughed with me though.

He talks to me. He smiles at me. He coos at me and reaches out for me. But he hadn't laughed yet.

Today, I looked down at my son on the quilt that so many friends put together for me and my heart melted into complete and total unconditional love for this little boy. Melted all over again, just like it does at some point everyday.