Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twas the night before Christmas Eve

The stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

The presents are wrapped and under the tree.

The pirogi are in the fridge and Papa has bought the ham.

And none of the rushing around or planning matters because Little Bird has a fever of 102. Funny how all of the sudden I don't care about finishing the family's pajama pants when my little boy just needs me to hold him while he fretfully sleeps.

All I want for Christmas is for my little boy to get well and stay well. Poor Little Bird.

6 comments:

  1. That was our family last Christmas. The little one and I missed out on all the fun festivities, but I really didn't care since he just needed his Mama to love on him. Hope your little guy feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well Little Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Little Bird, and poor you! We're sick at our house, too. We just got over colds and now Abby has a GI bug. Christmas Eve Eve! BLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor guy! Feel better soon Christopher! Your mommy will take perfect care of you.

    Merry Christmas, Marty. I hope it's still a good one.

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Marty -- so sorry! Pippi has an ear infection -- took her to the ped yesterday, so she's doing much better now thanks to the amoxicillin. Call if we can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete