Wednesday, August 22, 2007

TWM Update

Just a little update about Team Whymommy.

It has sort of taken on it's own life. With Whymommy's post on IBC popping up on blogs, in emails, and on message boards over 250 times that we have been able to count, the word is definitely getting out. Thank you for that.

I moved the list into it's own page because my blog was taking 879 years to load. You can still get to it by clicking right underneath the Team Whymommy button. If you aren't on the list and think you should be, there could be a few different explanations.

First, it could be I screwed up and just haven't added you yet. Please feel free to send me another email with your link and a gentle reminder that I suck and need to add you.

Second, it could be that you just left me a comment and have no Blogger identification. If I can't track you through your comment (if you aren't clickable or have "no-reply" set as your email preference), then I can't add you. Because I don't know where you are. Please feel free to send me an email with your link and I will add you.

Third, it could be that I went to your blog and didn't see a button. It doesn't have to be the original button even. Some people have tweaked it, added a pretty ribbon, changed the font, and that's a-ok with me. But it needs to be on your sidebar, always linking back to Toddler Planet or the Team Whymommy post. If it's just in a post, then it disappears and people won't see it after awhile. We want for it to stay on the front page all the time so that your visitors see and go, "Oh, what's this? Team Whymommy? I simply must click on this lovely button and find out more!" So please feel free to send me an email with your link if you move the button to your sidebar and want to be added.

After you link and post, you might wonder what else you can do. I do. I wonder all the time. So I keep forwarding the post. I keep talking about it. I wear my Team Whymommy shirt so that people will ask me about it.

And, I took the information to my OBGYN's office. Had a lovely little talk with the doctor about how important I thought it was for them to remember that IBC is out there. Then I gave her a sticky note pad with the address for Toddler Planet and asked her to have all the staff take a look at Whymommy's blog, which is a powerful and personal tool for IBC patients and their caregivers. She seemed genuinely surprised that I knew a 34 year old mother with IBC. And her surprise let me know that I had done the right thing.

The team was started to support Whymommy. Whymommy wants to get the word out. So that is what we are called to do. Help her get the word out.

If you have a story about an encounter you have had telling someone about IBC, please leave it in the comments or a link to it in the comments. I would love to know about it.

And by the way,






Because Izzy said to, and I think it's a nice thing to do. So go ahead, tell us who you've told about IBC and give yourself a little linky love at the same time.