Saturday, July 21, 2007

So now that's done

Well that's it. I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at about 6:30 this evening. It took me about 5 hours to read, which is quite ridiculous. I tried to slow down, simply because I didn't want it to be over. I just couldn't help myself though.

There are a couple of questions I have that are left unanswered, but it's a strong possibility that Lovely will be able to fill in the blanks. She gets all the details.

I'm not going to talk about it here just in case you haven't finished reading it. I will only say that I wasn't disappointed in the story. I was only disappointed to have it end.

My granddaddy and I used to send them back and forth in the mail along with the Tolkien books. He read the first three Potter books before he died, and when the fourth one was released, I was so sad that he wouldn't be able to finish the story with me. He liked them. Not as much as he liked Tolkien, but he liked them.

And so now it is all over. Until, of course, I get to read them to my children. And then it will all begin again.