Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The interview meme is not dead

Liz and I are keeping the interview meme alive and well. Just when you thought it was long gone, here we go reviving it again. If you need a refresher, hop on over to House of H and check out her interview.

Now, the questions from Liz. I promise to answer as truthfully as my fingers will allow.

1) Tell us about the most vivid dream you've ever had. why is it so memorable? Under what circumstances did the dream occur (NyQuil induced? Cat nap? etc...)

I have always been a vivid dreamer. One time I dreamed an entire potato chip jingle, and I think it was really pretty good. I woke my roommate up and sang it to her. She was unimpressed and irritated that I woke her, so I just went back to sleep and forgot it.

While I've been pregnant though, I've had some pretty steamy dreams. None of them are worth repeating here. I know you are all too proper and dainty to want to hear all that.

2) What song can just make you jump up and boogie down, no matter who may or may not be watching? conversely, what song just cuts like a knife and makes you weep. And why?

I have to admit, my favorite music came out of the 90's. Even though I should have been an 80's child, and I do love my share of 80's music, I didn't really come into my own tastes and finds until college. If I had to choose just one song that makes me spaz, it would be "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by the Spin Doctors.

I will still turn up and head thrash to any Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, or Soundgarden. My Sirius is set to Lithium24, Baybee.

Julie Miller wins for cutting me like a knife. "Broken Things" is hands down the song that can draw tears the quickest. Why? Because it feels like she stepped into my skin and scraped the words right off the walls of my soul.

I will admit that until recently, I would have said James Taylor's "Fire and Rain." I was one of the suckers who believed the rumor that he wrote the song after his girlfriend or wife (Suzanne) died in a plane crash on the way to one of his concerts. It's not true though, so I'm going to quit crying over that one.

3) What "thing" do you think you'll be a real stickler for in parenting (no junk food, no television, no cursing, no plaid?)

I think that I will be a stickler for bedtime. There isn't a set bedtime with my stepdaughter, and it makes it difficult to keep a schedule. I think that it is easier on the parent and the child when there is a schedule.

I would like to be an active parent too. My parents did not exercise regularly, and I never got in the habit myself. I try, but it is entirely too easy for me to get off track. As of today, it's been 3 weeks since I took a significant walk (longer than 20 minutes), so that just leaves my weekly yoga class. I think it is important to set the example and teach children how to live an active life.

Of course, I'm saying all of that as I sit on my ass blogging.

4)Absolute FAVORITE television character of all time? Why?

Hawkeye from M.A.S.H. Hands down. I love the depth of that character, and I thought Alan Alda was totally crushable. Other contenders? Xander from Buffy, Steve from Freaks and Geeks, and Denny Crane from Boston Legal.

5)What one record should EVERYBODY own?

That is not a fair question! Guy and I just bought storage for 580 CD's, because we figured that we could stand to get rid of at least half of our current store. There is an entire closet of our house full of CD's. We really need to digitize. Not the point.

One CD? Just one? I have to say that EVERYBODY should own is The Well Tempered Clavier, Books I and II, by J.S. Bach performed by Glenn Gould. Glenn Gould was the consummate performer of Bach, and crazy too. You not only get the perfect performances of some of the most important keyboard music in history, you get Gould humming and singing along in the background. Everybody should own this. It will make you smile and make you smart. It's good for your kids too.

So that's it. The game is played by anyone who is willing to join in leaving a comment. I'll send you five questions for you to answer on your blog. It's fun, and I promise to ask relatively clean questions.

Thanks, Liz!