Thursday, December 06, 2007

Best UPS man in the world

Our UPS man is an angel. The poor guy has delivered half of our home renovations. He has delivered a Sleep Number bed which went back about 2 weeks later. He has delivered countless boxes of wine from Nicholson Ranch. He has delivered dozens of boxes of computer parts. He is Santa Claus for us at this time of year.

He never complains that the dogs bark incessantly at him. He doesn't care if I answer the door with no make up and pajama pants on. He hasn't let me lift a package since he found out I was pregnant.

Today though, he went above and beyond.

Pupstar announced his arrival, and I went to the door to meet him. He was standing in the door of the truck and called out,

"I don't think you are supposed to see this. Is the man of the house home?"

I told him that no, Guy wasn't here, and he said,

"There are pictures all over the box. I'm not bringing this to you. It's supposed to be a surprise, I just know it."

So I told him he could put it in the back of the Jeep and I wouldn't peek. I would be a good girl.

I got the keys to the Jeep, and I clicked the remote locks open for him. He snuck the box in the back of the Jeep and I held true to my word. I didn't peek.

Guy came home, and he and Lovely wrapped it up and had it under the tree before I finished teaching.

A great big box. In which I am fairly certain there are no boots. Wrapped with love, some crooked ribbon, and multicolored paper to go under the family tree in the dining room.

I love a surprise on Christmas morning.