Sunday, July 29, 2007

I never even felt the breeze

I'm home. With my sweet Guy. Thank goodness. Even with all the wonderfulness of the trip, I missed him so much. Yes, I'm a sap.

The overwhelming feeling I had about Blogher was exhaustion. I was so incredibly tired at the end of each day. Actually, by around noon. Or possibly midmorning.

I'm still sorting out what I want to write about and what I want to keep to myself about the weekend. I learned quite a bit about this idiom and the people using it.

As is with life, the highlights of the weekend were the people I met. Mamma needs to just be my next door neighbor. She was the best roomie ever in the world, and now I get to say that she is an awesome friend too. I love her to pieces and miss her already.

Meeting Liz was like finally seeing an old friend you hadn't seen in years. I didn't get to hang as much with her as I would have liked, but that was the way the whole weekend went really. There were too many people, too much to do, and too little time.

My junior high moment of the weekend was meeting Zoot. I don't know why I love her so, but I do. And I was totally shocked to find out of how many of the people I was hanging with didn't know who she was. My first conversation with her was simply introducing myself. Then I realized I hadn't thought of anything to say, so I just told her I was socially awkward and wanted to say hi. Nice. Saturday night, I knew I had to be less idiotic because I really wanted to snap a picture with her. It possibly went better. I did get my picture. Hoorah.

It surprised me how many personal bloggers I met that I didn't know about previously. I'm looking forward to restructuring my Bloglines and keeping up with some of the amazing women I met this past weekend. Linky love to come later. I'm too lazy now.

Oh, and I totally had to pee every half hour all weekend long. So when I admit that I tucked my little knit skirt into my panties not once but twice on Friday, parading my hot pink behind through the lakeshore terrace, you can know that it was twice out of the 38 times I went the bathroom. The ratio is completely important. Because if it was twice out of three times that I had gone to the bathroom, then I would have totally looked like an idiot. But twice out of 38? I'm still smoooooooth.