Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Because you asked










Black Bottom Cupcakes
(Cupcakes of Shame)


8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
1 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
1 cup chocolate chips
3 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons soda
2 cups water
2/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, egg, and 1/8 tsp salt. Beat with whisk attachment until well combined and beginning to get fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.

Combine flour, cocoa, 2 cups sugar, 1 tsp salt, and soda with a fork to blend. Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Batter will be thin.

Place liners in muffin pans. Fill each 2/3 full of batter, then drop 1 heaping tsp of cream cheese mixture in the center of each.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Yeilds about 2 dozen cupcakes.

23 comments:

  1. I would DEFINITELY eat one of those...actually right now would be perfect. Could I have one please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmm sounds heavenly, sinful, shameful in the best description of the word. I Cant wait to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. I am now having severe chocolate withdrawals from my crack binge last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Printing right now. They sound divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on these pictures, I would absolutely have eaten one of these. Maybe two or three. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gawd. Somebody, somewhere, please, make those for me. Those look sooooo good, but I know I would screw them up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking... Baking these RIGHT. NOW.

    xoxo CGF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, they look pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh dude. see, i'd even GO to church to eat those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum. Send one over my way after you go to Stella's, please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I thought I was special. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take two, please. One for each ass cheek. I mean, that's where they're going to end up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to try this recipe. This afternoon.

    If I don't burn the suckers, I'll let you know how they turned out.

    Thanks chicky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh! I can't see the picture at work! The unfairness of it all! How am I to properly daydream of cheating on my diet without a visual? Woe is me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those people at the potluck were crazy not to eat those! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum....I would so make those right now if I didn't have way too many pumpkin logs in the fridge. If you like pumpkin I put the recipe up for my pumpkin logs today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, yum. You should change churches, those people are obviously certifiable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SO making these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YUM!! I can't wait to make these when we get back home :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am going to buy muffin pans after work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those sound AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete