Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Manly Meme

Slouching Mom has a meme up for grabs. The Man Meme if you will. You get to learn all sorts of cool things about herself and her main squeeze, Slouching Dad. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm picking up the meme and moving it right along.

Besides. Everyone knows I don't talk enough about this man I married.


1. Who is your man?

To internet land, he is Guy. He is a husband, a daddy, a scientist, a musician, and an all around selfless man. He is also a blogger.

2. How long have you been together?

Not long really. We have been married for 15 months.

3. How long did you date?

Not long there either. A little less than a year before we got married. We were both separated or recently divorced while dating.

4. How old is your man?

43. Or forty-three-ific as he likes to call it.

5. Who eats more?

That's not even a contest. He eats a good three times what I can put away. But his dad is the champion eater. When Papa comes for dinner, I cook for an army.

6. Who said "I love you" first?

He did.

7. Who is taller?

He is. Except when I wear 4 or 5 inch heels.

8. Who sings better?

That's a tough call. I'm a better back up singer, but I would rather listen to him sing any day over me. He has the easiest voice to listen to.

9. Who is smarter?

Hahahahahaha. Him. So very much him. But he likes the way I think and that makes me feel smart.

10. Whose temper is worse?

Mine I think. At least I lose mine more often. But when he does lose his, it's worse than mine. Neither one of us can stand being mad at the other though, so we tend to work things out pretty quickly. We have both put a hole in the bedroom door though. His hole was bigger.

11. Who does the laundry?

Me.

12. Who takes out the trash?

He takes it around front for trash day. Whoever gets to the inside trash first takes it outside.

13. Who sleeps on the right hand side of the bed?

We both sleep in the middle, but I'm more on the right side.

14. Who pays the bills?

I send them out and keep the accounts balanced. He makes it possible.

15. Who is better with the computer?

He is.

16. Who mows the lawn.

We shared that until I got pregnant. Now he does.

17. Who cooks dinner?

That would be me.

18. Who drives when you are together?

Him. It makes him totally nervous to ride with me, although I think by now he knows I'm not going to hit things.

19. Who pays when you go out?

Well he makes the gesture, but we have all joint accounts, so whatever.

20. Who is most stubborn?

Whoever is most pissed at the time. The other one plays the role of diffusing. We take turns being really stubborn. Really though? I think I am.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong?

Whoever is wrong, usually. We try not to be wrong at the same time. It just works better that way.

22. Whose parents do you see the most?

His dad. He lives here. My parents do not.

23. Who kissed who first?

He kissed me first. And the heat that just ran through my fingers while typing that reminds me that it is still the best kiss I've ever had.

24. Who asked who out?

He's it here too. And I sat in stunned silence, making him think that he had just made a big mistake. When really? I just couldn't remember the word, "yes."

25. Who proposed?

Him. I made sure to say yes much more quickly that time.

26. Who is more sensitive?

Holy cow, I am. I take things way too personally. All the time.

27. Who has more friends?

That's a tough one. I guess I do, but he chooses more wisely. As far as in real life friends? We are probably about even.

28. Who has more siblings?

We each have one brother.

29. Who wears the pants in the family?

He does, and I couldn't be happier about it.









Guy and baby MerMer. Currently our youngest niece. That will all change on November 2nd when we are all anticipating Bro and Sil's fifth little one to appear.

Now. If you could do a little something sweet. Guy has a blog with no comments lately. He only likes to write if he gets a comment, but I love to read what he writes. So can you help me keep him going and stop by to say hi? Thanks a million.

And I tag my momma, everybody's Mamma, and Liz. If they are willing to play along.