Friday, March 14, 2008

Music Together

Today Bird and I went to our first Music Together class. I had registered for an infants' class that was to be held in Chapel Hill; not close to the house. However, it was the only infant class I could find. It didn't make.

The woman in charge suggested I try out the mixed age class and just see how it went. So we did.

He loved it.

So far, I've been doubtful as to whether or not Christopher is smiling on reflexes or because of stimuli. Today, it was clear that he was having a good time.

He lasted about 25 minutes of the 30 minute class before I had to put him up on my shoulder and "shush" out some of the other noises. He got a little overstimulated.

But man, he had fun. His eyes were open wide and he kicked along to all of the music. We had a blast.

I'm liking this mom thing more and more already.

13 comments:

  1. And this is just the beginning! So glad to hear you had such a great class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been taking Sam (not his real name) to Music Together since he was just 6 weeks old. He loves it. We love it. We can DEFINITELY see his musicality developing--often times ahead of other stages.
    I hope you continue to love it...it's totally worth the expense. I love that it's not just "let's sit around and sing songs with our kids"--it's a full, well-studied, well-thought-out cirriculum that develops all sorts of facets of our children's musicality. And, in the long run, helps the mommys, too!
    YAY for Music Together! And yay for you and Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did Kindermusik and Music Together with all three of my kids when they were little. They loved it, but I think I might have had even more fun than they did.

    The mom thing sure does have its moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly he's his Mommy's (and Daddy's) kiddo.

    So glad you both had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's AWESOME! Im so glad he liked it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you guys had such a good time together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He clearly needs a pair of drumsticks. And open access to your cereal bowls & lampshades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too fun!! I've been meaning to look into something for us - thanks for the 'prodding!'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we had things like that around here when my kids were young but we don't have anything like that.....unless you count sitting outside and counting stars while the crickets chirp. I guess that is kind of musical. My kids grew up having to listen to me sing, but I guess they both lived through it and my son has an awesome voice....unlike his mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just fab.... I am glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The world always needs more music lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool!! I'm glad you had a good time!

    I posted some pictures of P on my blog just for you! :)

    ReplyDelete