Saturday, March 08, 2008

Welcome to parenthood

I had my 6 week postpartum check up this week. It went just fine. Green lights all the way around.
I texted Guy before I left the parking lot with a simple "Bow chicka bow wow."

He responded, "That's mean to do while I'm in a meeting."

That evening, we got Bird settled in for a nap and climbed into bed. A couple of kisses and a cuddle later, we realize that 3 hours has passed and our son is waking up. And so were we.

We had fallen asleep. Slept right through the window of nookie.

I hear this is what it is like to be parents.

Dang.

13 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahah!

    Ain't it the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the best kept secrets of adulthood. It's not marriage that ruins your sex life... it's children. Welcome to the "quick and quiet sex" years. Ha, ha, ha, wah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to parenthood.

    ***SNNNNOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ**

    xoxo CGF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee! Ive SOO been there, done that!! If you havent seen Shrek the 3rd, do it now.. you'll get a huge laugh out of the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahahahahaha

    Sorry. We often forget to tell new parents about that in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOW, you are officially PARENTS!
    Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL. Yep. My husband still hasn't quite accepted this sad fact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL

    Reality sucks (or not :p), doesn't it?!?!?!

    Sleep is just too precious. There'll always be time for nookie.

    Bow Chicka bow wow... LOVING that part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. bow-chicka-bow-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    Story. Of. My. Life.

    Welcome. And sorry we didn't tell you. But if we had... well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee..hee... we don't even have a newborn and we did that this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are much braver that I was. After my first child, after my 6 week appointment, I just pretended that 6 weeks hadn't really passed at all, hoping no one would notice...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete