Monday, May 28, 2007

Someone give that woman a cookie

Alright. I'm a total hypocrite. I have blogged before about why I hate American Idol, and now here I am admitting that I watched bits and pieces of the last few weeks. Would you believe me if I told you it was because it came on right before "House"? It's true though. We would often catch the last 5 minutes of it, thereby learning who everyone was and deciding who we thought could really sing.

Even though I certainly wasn't vested in the program and had no favorite or anything, this clip really gets me ruffled.



Calling this girl 'obese' has got to be one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard. Perhaps if that woman would eat a sandwich, her blood sugar would return to normal, and she wouldn't say things like that on national television.

Granted, this is Fox. Granted, they even brought her on again for a second interview where she then claimed not to said that Jordin shouldn't win the contest, which she clearly did say. Obviously she didn't get that sandwich yet.

I don't know. I just don't see her as overweight. She looks like a tall girl with a big frame to me. She looks more beautiful than skin and bones to me. I'm all for healthy eating and exercise, but with that, you have to teach healthy body image. Jordin obviously has that.

As for stick girl saying that Jordin will "drop 40 pounds" right away? I really really hope she is wrong. In my opinion, that would be a far more detrimental message to young girls.