Monday, May 21, 2007

You got questions, I got answers

Happy Monday morning. It's 11:00 AM and I'm still in my pj's. How is that for pathetic? This weekend was the big downtown art and music festival, and we spent most of the weekend down there with Lovely, Papa, and the dogs. It was loads of fun, but I cannot believe how tired I am. A quick post, and then I'm up and at 'em to get some stuff done.

Questions from the comments. Since I can't just email you back (thank you, Blogger), I'll answer them here.

Andria: Lovely is going into the 6th grade. I think I'm much more nervous than she is. There are several of her friends moving with her to their new middle school, but we all know that is no guarantee. Girls do weird things. Just because they are her friends now, doesn't mean she'll have it easy. On the other hand, she is quite easy to get along with, so maybe she is going to be just fine. As for the not ever saying anything negative . . . I must admit, the old nickname for the ex used to be "Crazy." So, I'm not innocent there. And I did delete one entire post where I vented about her. It was an honest and true post, but showed nothing but the bad of her. It didn't seem fair, so I pulled it. That's why I just don't write about her anymore. If you can't say something nice, blah blah blah.

Emmakirst: I'm due January 25 according to my LMP. And my cycles are pretty much clockwork, so I'm thinking that will be the due date. I haven't been in to see the doctor yet. I haven't even decided if I want to go back there really. We'll see.

Liz: I didn't keep it a secret for long. I forced myself to wait to test until about an hour before I gave him the present. I'm not that good - just had good timing.

MB: We have a couple of Carvel ice cream shops here in town. Guy knew about them from his days growing up in Goshen, NY. Our friend Pilot also grew up there, and he was happy about the cake as well. I hate to be the bearer of bad news though - Fudgie is now flat. The boys said that he used to be all fat and happy, but now - Fudgie is flat.

For all the hopes, prayers, "guarded optimism," and listening - thank you. I have no idea what will fall out of these fingers and onto the screen. We will have to be ready for anything I imagine.