Sunday, November 18, 2007

Grown ups moved in

Our bedroom now has furniture. We looked for over a year for something that we both liked that didn't cost 80 million dollars, and of course we ended up back at one of the first places we looked.

It isn't fancy, but it is handmade. It wasn't expensive, but it does look nice. Very simple and plain. Very functional. We love it. I won't be sad to see my Rubbermaid dressers go.

And, it is one more thing in my house that looks like what my mother has. It's getting a little creepy really. Every time I have a hand in picking out something, it ends up looking a lot like my mother's things. Thank goodness she has good taste.

The only thing I don't like about it is that the bed is incredibly tall. As I type this, perched like some sort of princess perched up high, Pupstar is whining by the side of the bed. She cannot in any way, shape, or form, begin to jump on this bed.

I'm thinking we might have to invest in some doggie steps. As seen on TV.

9 comments:

  1. I like a tall bed! Somehow it dresses up the act of going to bed. Because it takes more effort, perhaps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love high beds!
    Congrats on the new furniture! I find the same thing..many of the things we own look just like things from my parents. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the high bed...I will never forget hauling myself over the side of the high converted waterbed. Good Times.

    New furniture.....what a lovely foreign concept. Enjoy it sounds lovely.

    Jenn - NMD

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a high bed as well. Be careful going to the restroom at night.. I fell a few times. Im glad you have new furniture!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A past beau had a ridiculously high bed. No matter what I did, I couldn't mount that thing sexily. I'd start with a sassy purr and end with an 'umph' and splat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought we were the only married couple living out of Rubbermaid. Now we are....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love high beds too ... but they are a challenge for older dogs. We always had to pick up our senior fosters and put them on the bed ourselves! Or "forget" to put away a footstool or rubbermaid container at the foot of the bed for a few weeks. That works too.

    So ... is she up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen those doggie steps commercial. I kept thinking they seemed to be priced well, considering you get two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend has doggie steps for her cihuahuas...So funny.

    Glad you are 'growing up'...it happens eventually.

    ReplyDelete