Friday, November 30, 2007

It's been a long time since my last confession

I have a been a bad blogger. I have not been reading and commenting like I normally would. My apologies are probably empty, but I'm offering them anyway. I try to keep up. It's just so busy. I'm sure you all understand, and you are shaking your heads because here you are reading my little words . . . I'll catch up, I swear.

Speaking of behind, there are lots of links to go up on the Team Whymommy page. I have been slack. Susan has done such a good job of keeping them linked up on her blog, and once again, I am the slack friend. Let's just say that I have chosen to offer her some consistency in her life. I'm still here, and I'm still flaky.

And as if I haven't laid enough of my current flaws out on the table, here's something else stupid I did.

I was getting into our incredibly tall bed last night (with the humph and splat method I learned from Paige), and I actually injured myself on a pillow. Yes. I cut my elbow wide open on my pillow. Blood, bandaids, and everything.

Apparently, the pillow has a lethal zipper on it. I unwittingly put my elbow on the zipper, hoisted my 190 pound self (grow baby grow) onto the bed, and tore open my elbow. I am a talented, talented woman.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What an ordeal! I used to blame stuff like that on baby brain and baby girth...everyone and everything should move for me and it's their fault when I got injured! :)
    Hope your elbow is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I'm sure everyone understands about falling behind. It's a busy time of year
    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're busy. Its ok. I think NaBloPoMo has made it even harder!

    OUCH! Im sorry to hear about your elbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. OUCH! That's something I would do! Hope it's better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about the elbow, but it did make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I always feel the need to apologize when I actually have a life outside of the blogging world. Both of us should just stop that nonsense! We're allowed to do things besides sit at the computer.

    As for your elbow...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great story. A bloody injury from a pillow. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been the same bad blogger. Too busy!!

    You are so forgiven.anks for the

    Thanks for the warning on the zipper. Who knew? Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUCH!!! Not good! But kinda funny in that I got hurt by a pillow way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So ... you're telling us you fell behind in THREE ways?

    Ahem. Excuse that. I remember what it was like to be a zillion pounds of unbalanced baby body. Delightful ... unless you actually wanted to sleep or something.

    Go ahead and cut yourself some slack -- you'll need it when Little Bird arrives! Tweet tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course you'd perfect my method of mounting a too-tall-bed. Blood? I never would have thought to draw blood after the splat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't MEAN to laugh, but a zipper!!?? Glad you are ok though! And I think we all know what it's like to not have all the time in the world to deal with blog land... I'm pretty sure it's called having a life off of the internet. And oh yeah, you're a little busy growing a baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No need to apologize about not reading or commenting. I give you permission to have a life, so there!

    December is a ca-razy month all around. Totally understand.

    Hope the elbow feels better soon!

    Queen of Shake-Shake

    ReplyDelete