Thursday, November 08, 2007

How to torture me

Take away my Diet Coke and internet service. Welcome to today.

The Diet Coke is a personal matter I suppose. Who am I kidding? Bird has decided there isn't enough room for him and any amount of gas in my abdomen. Major ow. So I'm cutting out the carbonation and adjusting a few things in my diet so that maybe I won't be doubled over in pain today.

The internet though? Is a mystery. Just stopped working. Guy hasn't had a chance to work on it yet, so I just have to wait it out. Thank goodness for free internet at Panera Bread.

What's been going on then? Most importantly, Andria had her baby. A little boy. Makes me want to jump on a plane right this very second. I am thinking a trip to her neck of the woods is definitely in order for next summer. It's somewhere Guy and I have talked about going for awhile now, and I just found out another friend of mine has moved there. Tempting. Very very tempting.

I spent a lovely day with my friend T yesterday. Her little boy is really turning into a little boy and is no longer a baby. It makes me a little sad, because I so wanted for our kids to be the same age and best buds, but it's alright. Her oldest is a gem, and stinking hilarious. She told T the other day that I was going to have a baby, and already had a stepdaughter and a stephusband. So funny.

Guy's ankle is getting better. It never did get to where he couldn't walk on it, and it wasn't very black and blue, so he decided it was just sprained and he would tough it out. I dropped him off at work the past couple of days because it is such a long walk from his parking space to his office, but today he is hoofing it all on his own.

As you can tell, I'm ignoring NoMoPloBoMoFo or whatever it's called. I did have a goal this month, and it was to comment on every single one of Zoot's posts because she is trying to reach 100 instead of just posting everyday. Also Liz's. And Whymommy's. And, well, just keep up with reading and commenting in general. Obviously, the lack of internet service has hampered my ability to reach this goal tremendously.

Tomorrow, Momma gets the results from her scans. Baited breath.

This weekend, Guy and I start our childbirth classes. We have an independent childbirth instructor that is coming to the house and giving us all the lowdown. I'm quite excited. There will also be a dad's class, a breastfeeding class, and she might help us find a doula. Guy is still convinced that we don't need one; that he will be everything I need. And I tend to believe that. He is everything I need. I'm not quite convinced that he might need one. He really hates seeing me in pain.

And in this random post of catching up, I leave you with the funniest thing that has happened to me in forever.

I'm sitting in Panera Bread. Bagel crumbs litter the front of my shirt. Pregnant belly busting out in all it's glory. Just minding my own business when dude in some camo and a hunting vest comes over and tries to put the moves on me. I didn't want to be mean, but it was all I could do not to just bust out laughing at him. How very very bizarre.