Today is another prep day. There is more cooking and cleaning to be done, and recipes to share.
The first recipe I want to share is for Cajun Bloody Marys. Of course, I won't be making these this year, but usually, we make a big pitcher and sip on them throughout the week. Yum. Warms my heart thinking about it. They will also warm your throat. This recipe comes from the kitchen of Emeril. I took the liberty of augmenting it though because a 2 1/2 cup yield is just sad.
Cajun Bloody Mary
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 3 cups vodka
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cayenne
- Pickled green beans or okra, for garnish
- Cocktail onions, for garnish
Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a small pitcher and stir to combine. Refrigerate until well chilled. Serve over ice with pickled green beans or okra and cocktail onions for garnish.
Yield: 10 cups
Be sure that you make these now. Right this second. The longer they sit in the fridge, the better they get.
Off to prep for the pie. You know the one. The dog's favorite pie.