Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy buttday to me

Today is an up day. I wasn't ready for this day, so in the shower this morning it was definitely not an up day, but I think it is turning into one. There were things I wanted to have done before this birthday. I am learning a lot about control, and the lack thereof.

My kiddos had their first competition of the season, and they kicked butt. I love it when they do that.

It is so incredibly cool to watch a student go from "I can't play this," to "Well, maybe I can play this part," to "Oh my gosh I love to play this piece." It is tons of fun.

Then, to have them go to a competition and be validated for all the work they have done - it is a great feeling. I can tell them how awesome they are all day long, but hearing it from a judge, well that is so very different.

On another note (no pun intended) . .

So 34 years ago on this day, my poor mother gave birth to me. I was butt first and folded in half. It was a vaginal delivery. Oh.my.god.

When she met Guy, she told him that I came out butt first and that is the way I have faced the world ever since.

I think she was kidding.