Thursday, January 25, 2007

To therapy or not to therapy

My dog is drinking out of the toilet. After she is done, she will come in here to get in the bed, snuggle up, and possibly lick my face. Yum.

My bro is a therapist. A marriage and family therapist. Tonight I told him that I was thinking about going to therapy. He said that it was good because it could help me deal with a lot of stuff.

At the same time, I was telling him that I didn't want to go because I had a lot of stuff packed neatly away, and I didn't want to deal with it. He had to ask me what I had said because he was talking. I'm not paying him if he sends me a bill.

I wonder if I can order off the therapy menu?

I would like to deal with my miscarriage and the loss of our baby please. No, I do not want a side of daddy issues with that. No, no teacher molestation either. Just the miscarriage please.

All of our issues overlap though. If I go to therapy, won't they just come crashing down until I'm buried in them?

Maybe I should just shop more. You know, retail therapy. I need more throw pillows and men's sweaters. Geez.

On a happy note, Guy is getting his severance on February 5. Answers to that mean that we can open the baby making discussions again. Although House had a good point in the previous comments about how therapy could also help the lonely. Maybe. But then again, maybe baby lonely is different.

Maybe I should just go and find out.

For now though, I'm just going to bed.